New to Mindful Ambition? Start here, with 10 top lessons from some of the best articles.
New to mindfulness in general? Check out The Beginner's Guide to Mindfulness.
- Spend your time in a way that aligns with your priorities. (Article)
"It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” ~ Bruce Lee
- Thoughts are not facts. Don’t believe everything you think. (Article)
“I discovered that when I believed my thoughts, I suffered, but that when I didn’t believe them, I didn’t suffer, and that this is true for every human being.” ~ Byron Katie
- You are responsible for your life. Take ownership over it. (Article)
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”~ Marcus Aurelius
- Negativity is contagious. How you deal with it makes a world of difference. (Article)
"Negativity can only feed on negativity."~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- Many people live life with regrets, but you don’t have to. (Article)
“Integrity is choosing courage over comfort; choosing what is right over what is fun, fast, or easy; and choosing to practice our values rather than simply professing them.”~ Brené Brown
- How you show up in the world is a choice. (Article)
“The ability to subordinate an impulse to a value is the essence of the proactive person.”~ Stephen R. Covey
- You assign meaning to events in your life. Choose the empowering narrative.
“…there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”~ William Shakespeare, Hamlet
- Patience isn’t a fixed quality, but a skill that can be developed. (Article)
"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." ~ Aristotle
- Don’t let fear of “what might happen" hold you back from living a better life. (Article)
"There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." ~ Paulo Coelho
- Life is lived in moments. Focus on the journey, not the destination. (Article)
“Success is a journey not a destination. The doing is usually more important than the outcome.”~ Arthur Ashe