Mindfulness might be for you if you want to...
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Improve your patience
- Be more present in your day-to-day
- Find greater fulfillment in life
- Be less reactive and more intentional
- Increase your resilience
- Be happier
- and much more...
Although it's popularity is not yet widespread, anyone and everyone can practice mindfulness! By reading this guide, you're already ahead of the curve. (High five!)
Mindfulness is on the Rise
Just because mindfulness is unfamiliar to most people, it doesn't mean that will stay the same.
Mindfulness and meditation are predicted to be the next big public-health revolution.
- The number of adults with a mindful practice appears to be increasing.
- Search data from Google shows that an increasing number of people are searching for mindfulness and related topics.
Mindfulness is today where exercise and nutrition were a few decades ago: a scientifically-supported behavior that's yet to be widely adopted.
Although people have trained their bodies with physical activity for centuries, very few people exercised in the mid-20th century. That changed significantly after the benefits of physical activity became widely understood and accepted. Greater proof and understanding preceded the culture-shift.
Given the clear, evidence-based benefits of mindfulness, it's only a matter of time before everyone catches on.
Elite Performers Practice Mindfulness to Improve their Game
While mindfulness can be practiced by anyone, 4x NYT bestselling author Tim Ferriss uncovered an powerful pattern.
Ferriss makes a living studying the habits and techniques of world-class performers, ranging from business to media to athletics and more. In his research, mindfulness was the most consistent common-behavior across these subjects. Roughly 80% of these world-class performers have some sort of morning mindfulness practice.
Here's a small sampling of elite performers who have a mindfulness practice (and links to their own thoughts on the matter):
- Kobe Bryant, 5x NBA Champion
"I meditate every day...I think it's important because it sets me up for the rest of the day. It's like having an anchor. If I don't do it, I feel like I'm constantly chasing the day, as opposed to being [in control]..."
- Oprah Winfrey, CEO of Harpo Productions and the Oprah Winfrey Network
- Ray Dalio, CEO of Bridgewater Associates
"Meditation more than anything in my life was the biggest ingredient of whatever success I've had."
- Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce
- Russell Simmons, Co-founder of Def Jam Recordings
"Meditation is going to make you happier and more connected to the world."
- Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn
- Ariana Huffington: CEO of Thrive Global, Co-Founder of The Huffington Post
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, Former Governor of California, Actor, Investor, World Champion Bodybuilder
Mindfulness is Accessible to Everyone
You don't need to buy anything, or attend a formal training to get started.
All you need is yourself, your breath, and some time to practice.
Keep reading to learn about three of the most popular mindful practices, and how you can get started.
Choose Your own Adventure
Get Weekly Tips and Strategies to Cultivate Mindfulness
Join the Mindful Ambition newsletter for actionable mindfulness tips you can apply in your own life.